Friday 10 February 2023

Final Project Update 10/02/23

Final Project Update                                                                                                                                      10/02/23

Figure 1: Jute animation base

After some struggles with Zbrush and Maya with regards to giving the model some more depth resulting in some gnarly bugs in the model, I have pushed on with the rest of the animation for the first cut of my film.  I intend to get some footage of me working on Zbrush and Maya to refine the model for the sake of my assessment video.  I have also been considering making the whale a 2D animation to fit in with the rest of the video aesthetically, but the 3D model would look more impressive and give a better indication of scale.

I have started work on rotoscoping some rough footage of a jute processing factory.  The main movement from the footage that the viewer will see on screen will be from the figures that are seen in front operating the machine.  The machine is a traditional method of refining the jute fibres into strings that can be turned into the objects jute is used to craft.  I couldn't find any footage from Dundee's heyday of jute production and distribution, but this should hopefully be a decent approximation.  I tried using an AI plugin for Photoshop and After Effects that would make rotoscoping quicker and more efficient but it resulted in warped movements and a faulty rendering process.  Whilst this will be a slow process, I hope that my detailed approach to rotoscoping will result in some decent footage.  









Figure 2: Jute rotoscope outline

I have also started work on the final version of the snake animation for when the protagonist approaches the metalwork of the Lookout Point.  Originally, I had planned to go with the outline for something resembling the cornsnake, but upon observing the Pictish snake proportions, I decided to follow the outline of a Python for something wider and closer to the original design.  The outline has the same number of keyframes as my initial test, so hopefully it shouldn't be any more detailed than my first test with an animated snake.

    


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final blog of degree 26/7/23

 Final blog of degree                                                                                                                       ...