Tuesday 11 July 2023

Feedback from the latest tutorial 11/7/23

 Feedback from the latest tutorial                                                                                                               11/7/23

Figure 1: Colour corrected photograph

It's been a stressful feedback session, and business has been really hard in places.  I've managed to pull through though, and I've also given myself some time to reflect on whether or not some parts of my film really do need changing.  My assessment video is in need of some extra research and backing up of points I make, particularly with the Spider-Man footage and how it was crafted and how I used the equipment to my advantage.   It is a bit annoying but nothing that can't be done.  I've been struggling with certain shots such as trying to colour correct the lookout Point shots so that they look identical, and redoing the lava sequence got so intense that I just stuck to the original, and I've got some feedback from a guest lecturer in order to perfect the film.  For the sake of my mental health however, the next cut really has to be the last so I can make time to give the needed improvements to the assessment video.  

The assessment video, in retrospect, did not have nearly have research to fully verify it so look for the bibliography to lengthen considerably.  I've also learned the trick of importing After Effects projects into one another to help improve the workflow which has been a big help admittedly.  Some shots are unfortunately pretty hard to render, but with enough timing I have managed to fit them into my workflow.  It's going to be an intense last two weeks, but I will ultimately survive one way or another.  

Some shots have had to have some references added to make them more coherent.  The interior shot at the station has had a blurred reflection of the penguins added, and the shot walking round the corner at West Ward Works will have the modified footage of the jute workers to tie into the previous shot at Verdant Works.  This experience has taught me the value of feedback no matter how strongly you might react to it, and I need to figure out a method where I don't have such a kneejerk initial response to feedback.

Tasks to complete:
  • Update assessment video with new voiceover including notes
  • Update first hand raising shot with better background
  • Add glow effect to deer shot and hand joining shot
  • Update west ward shot


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final blog of degree 26/7/23

 Final blog of degree                                                                                                                       ...