Monday 1 May 2023

Stock cover letter for job applications 1/5/23

 Hello, 

 

I am writing to apply for the video editor/animator position as advertised on www.getukjobs.com: https://www.getukjobs.com/jobs/view/video-editor-animator  

I am drawn to the position at Transiris because of your commitment and practice in the field of video editing and animation, and I hope I can contribute to this team with my own experiences and insights into the animation pipeline and communicating with professional animators.  I am always looking to improve my practice in whatever area I apply myself towards. I was drawn to applying for your company because of your 

I am no stranger to the practice of video editing, having used Adobe Premiere for nearly ten years now and Adobe Photoshop and After Effects for upwards of five years. I also have proficient experience in TVPaint, Da Vinci Resolve and Maya from my degree, and am continuing to develop my practice in animation and motion graphics from my professional experienceMy most notable professional experience include my apprenticeship at Brands Media in Torbay from 2018 to 2019, producing motion graphics and social media content for DD8 Music and Kirriemuir Community Garden during the second Covid lockdown and most recently, working alongside a team of animators on a TV series pitch for the Stirling-based animation studio Wild Child. The main things that I’ve learned from this experience include the importance of perseverance with the software you are required to use, particularly in 3D with modelling, as well as how much I love the practice of animation and the additional perspectives it can provide to other forms of media. 

Due to my current commitments with my MSc degree, I would look to start working for you in August/September. During this course, I have learned the importance of perseverance with the task at hand, as well as clearly communicating with your peersThe most important experience of this course has been during the crafting of an animation for an employer showcase where the original animation I had done had effectively been derailed following a lengthy modification in Maya.  I had to start the animation again from scratch to return it to a usable state for my peers, but I eventually managed to reproduce the animation successfully with an updated model and the modifications that the tutor recommendedI also learned the importance of continuous, refined animation practice during periods where I had no immediate task priorities to get my animation practice to the required professional standard. 

Outside of my experience in creative media I have an excellent attendance record in school and college and consider myself to have a strong method of commitment to my work to finish it all the way throughI have also maintained a strong productive work ethic during the Covid lockdown working in my local hospital whilst continuing to study and provide voluntary work for local community projectsI hope to bring this commitment to the team at Transiris.   

I am currently based in Edinburgh but would be more than happy to relocate to the Glasgow area and commute/travel with the job as required.  I have held a full UK driving license for over four years. 

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Yours faithfully, 

 

George Salisbury 

07807 663 671 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final blog of degree 26/7/23

 Final blog of degree                                                                                                                       ...