Wednesday 25 January 2023

Production Update 25/01/23

 Production Update                                                                                                                                    25/01/23

Figure 1: Camperdown aerial view: https://abovedundee.com/dt_gallery/camperdown-house-dundee-scotland/

This week on Advanced Production has been interesting to say the least.  So far I've managed to complete three days worth of production, and I am still aiming to film on Saturday with my roommate to get the whole thing done.  I've also had to contend with a poignant toothache that's been plaguing me since Sunday.  Filming by myself has not been the most efficient experience in the world, as I've had to film setpieces in scenarios where I have to not get anyone or anything in shot other than myself.  That has meant that by far the easiest thing to film throughout the whole production has been the wall shots where there has been no interruption or obstruction.  
Figure 2: Verdant Works: https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.visitdundee.com%2Fthings-to-do%2Fattractions%2Fverdant-works%2F&psig=AOvVaw0KvNyN6qy1_A_1757Kf5t6&ust=1674726238077000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CA8QjRxqFwoTCNDQjsa34vwCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAE

As of January 25th, I've managed to complete at least four days worth of filming, and I need just one more day to get the last few scenes done.  There is every likelihood that we might have to do some reshoots, but I feel that the work I've done so far can at least be fixable to the point of being usable.  With enough practice and patience, I can figure out how to set up the camera and the tripod relatively quickly and get filming underway.  The challenge with these shots now is to create a reasonable level of integration with the 2D animation and especially the model of the whale.  The filming has also taught me the importance of having someone else to man the camera, and if circumstances were more lenient, I would have taken someone else with me to help perfect the shots.  For the time-being, where the project will go next will depend on the reception and feedback of the course tutor.  The tutorials are tough, but they are very much a compulsory part of the learning and we need to acknowledge any problems that come up.  I'm also eager to use the DVX-200 for some voluntary filming in April at a local music festival.  
Figure 3: Panasonic AG-DVX200: https://www.visuals.co.uk/4758231-agdvx200ej.html







No comments:

Post a Comment

Final blog of degree 26/7/23

 Final blog of degree                                                                                                                       ...