Sunday 9 July 2023

Final Project wrapping up 09/7/23

 Final Project wrapping up                                                                                                                          09/7/23

Figure 1: Waving Goodbye: https://www.istockphoto.com/videos/waving-goodbye

With just over three weeks remaining on the degree, the main things left to complete are the final project, Seoras and the final assessment video.  I couldn't get any hard feedback on the projects last week so I'll just have to wait until the group tutorial in order to get the feedback I need to fully seal the deal on the project.  Whilst there are some details in the final film that I can't really fix all that much at this point, such as the automatic white balance making things pretty iffy in places, one tutor has said that the film is as good as it can get as this point and I'm not really sure how much more I really need to do.  As for my assessment video, some clips do hold on for a bit too long and the audio editing was a bit of a nightmare, but I am happy with the project overall. I just need to tidy up the details in order to make suitable for submission to the final project folder.

The project has taken a long time to get to the state where it is now, but I'm very impressed with how much work I've put in to make it come together.  I have to give thanks to my flatmates who have helped me with some crucial sequences for the film, and for my peers for all that intensive feedback that has drastically improved the film's tempo.  The film isn't perfect, but it's much better than my previous final film for my first degree.  I also need to submit the film to festivals once I'm done in order to get it promoted more and to build myself a bit of name recognition.

Figure 2: Camperdown in Autumn: https://www.donaldfordimages.com/2019/11/15/glorious-november-at-camperdown-park/ 



Tasks to complete:
  • Get much-needed feedback for final project/assessment video
  • Keep applying for jobs
  • Get back to Coda Octopus after degree finishes
  • Keep updating blog
  • Submit final project to film festivals


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final blog of degree 26/7/23

 Final blog of degree                                                                                                                       ...