Friday 19 May 2023

New shot at Camperdown 19/05/23

 New shot at Camperdown                                                                                                                          19/05/23

Figure 1: New shot experiment at Camperdown


This is the latest version of my Camperdown trees test which I shot quickly yesterday with over 20 takes before I got enough footage I was happy with.  It was a bit more tricky than usual because they were setting up for the BBC Radio 1 festival which was about to start, but I managed to film without obstructing anything or anyone.  The main feedback from this shot previously was to have more trees and more dimension in the shot so that the deer could be seen more easily, and that the original deer animation needs to smoothed out with less slide.  Whilst I have yet to sort out the slide on the shots, I have tried a new method for wrapping the animation around the trees and adding more dimension to the shots with CC cylinder.

I have also tried a number of blending methods with the glow effect on the deer, including changing the direction of the effect for a more abstract output.  The masks were still added to make sure that the deer were still in the intended areas.  I will need to show these to the tutor for a full breakdown on how to really perfect this shot, because I've had to use some mask animation to stop the deer figures from appearing prematurely.   I might also need to try out some of the earlier shots that I used in order to see if they are more suitable for this effect.  I've also considered using a longer, wider lens in order to get more depth in the shot and to potentially try a contra zoom effect now that I have access to dolly track.

This effect has taken the longest of all the effects so far to get right, and I will need to do at least four drafts in all to make the effect work in the way I intend it to.  I've also took an hour long shot late in the day of the Cox's Stack to show a timelapse effect on the monument to make it more visually engaging.  This resulted in a video file that was over 50GB in size and had to be sped up 10,000% in order to be the length to accommodate the animation.  I will more than likely have to return to Cox's Stack to get one more draft of the shot that is approved and discussed by the tutor that will have an engaging end result.

Shots to be done: 

  • Extra draft of Cox's Stack shot
  • Extra draft of Camperdown trees
  • Game boy filter in photoshop
  • Painting filter in photoshop 
  • New cut of Seoras for group tutorial






No comments:

Post a Comment

Final blog of degree 26/7/23

 Final blog of degree                                                                                                                       ...