Wednesday 10 May 2023

Double filter test 10/5/23

Double filter test                                                                                                                                            10/5/23

Figure 1: Double composite test

Following some previous feedback from my tutor, I've started a new experiment with compositing footage, starting with this kilt shot.  This technique involves taking the photoshop-modified footage where the video has a sketch filter applied and then combining it with video that's made to look like a watercolour painting.  I simply put the two pieces of footage together using a simple blending mode that was very easy to render, and this is the end result.  My aims of this experiment is to replicate the look of A Scanner Darkly and it's colour scheme using comparatively much quicker techniques, and so far this needs a bit more work in order to be truly effective in that regard.  Because I now have more freetime with coursework, I can now afford to play around with the shots more in order to find the effects that will work best in the final project.  In order to really narrow down the progression of my film, I'll need to have the tutor look over the edit again with a fine-tooth comb so I can definitely take a note of what works, what needs improving and what needs to be axed.

Figure 2: Watercolour filter test

Figure 3: Sketch filter test








No comments:

Post a Comment

Final blog of degree 26/7/23

 Final blog of degree                                                                                                                       ...