Wednesday 1 February 2023

Final project update

 Final project update                                                                                                                                       01/2/23

Figure 1: Camperdown deer test

This is my first test of encorporating my TV Paint animation into my live-action footage that I've shot so far.  The next objective for Advanced Production according to the tutor is to make a very rough cut of my final film, like an animatic, with the footage I have available.  This will ensure that the narrative will work before we commence to full-on post production.  It's been confirmed that the footage for the whale flying over the Tay will need a retake with a tracking shot for more dynamic videography and something for 3D Camera Tracker in After Effects to work with.  The initial shot was too indistinctive to be interesting enough.

The process involved in the production for the deer is obviously first colour-correcting the footage, then importing the animation, applying an invert filter, and then setting the blending mode to screen or lighten.  I then added the correct movement to the animated figure and then drew masks over the trees in the footage to simulate the characters moving in and out, as if the trees are meant to resemble windows.  I tried to use a similar feature in TV Paint to invert the character, but this rendered the character completely invisible.  The animation did require extending and increasing the speed in an attempt to make the movement plausible, and I also applied some 3D to the animation to make it appear at the right place in the shot.  This will need to be put before a tutor for feedback.

Figure 2: Jute animation test
The animation for the shot at Cox's Stack was slightly easier to pull off.  I had the original animation test that I shared online as a spare copy.  I imported the live-action footage and the animation, applied the necessary invert filter and a mask and set the blending mode to screen in order to blend the footage in.  I also had to use a 3D to make the animation tilt the right way and look integral.  Both of the animations submitted so far we are animated on twos in order to add a layer of disconnection from reality and to highlight that this was my own perspective.  I have attached a screen recording of the composition process to highlight the whole process.

Figure 3: After Effects Screen recording


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final blog of degree 26/7/23

 Final blog of degree                                                                                                                       ...