Wednesday 5 October 2022

Final Project Timeline

Final Project Timeline

Final Year Project Timeline | Creately

Figure 1: Project Timeline Example: https://creately.com/diagram/example/ijzoapip2/final-year-project-timeline

October 2022 

For the first month of the project, I aim to collect my references and train on animation software in order to prepare myself for the workflow.  These references will include historical references to reinforce the themes and ideas present in the film, character designs to help me with perspectives and how to animate competently and how to use the tools necessary for the final film.

November 2022

For the second month, I will start to produce some test footage for the film.  This will include some demo shots of town where I scout for locations and sketch them to have an idea of perspective for my final film.  I will also aim to produce some more relevant pieces of animation, such as animation sketches of objects and characters that will feed into my film's narrative.  This footage will also provide me with material for the video assessment.  During this period, I will continue my practice studies in order to build my confidence.  Once I am happy with this footage, I will commence to work on a script and a mood board where the foundations for the project will come together.  I will also

December 2022 

Alongside my assessment for the month, I will aim to complete the script for the film, and hopefully show it at the presentation.  Once the presentation and assessment is complete, I will hopefully aim to proceed towards the foundations for the final models and the final decision of what the models will ultimately be.

January 2023 

Alongside the new modules that we will be starting in the new year, I will aim to confirm the locations for the film.   I will then commence work on the final storyboards and have a finished script that I will aim to get a peer review for quality checking purposes. 

February 2023

During February, I will aim to begin principal photography on the film.  The film will be shot over the course of 7 days with a relatively minimal runtime.  I will need to recruit a very small crew in order to help with lighting and cinematography, as well as with sound.   The film might need to be reshot if necessary, but after this, I can proceed towards post-production.

March 2023

Post-production will begin in March.  The live-action shots that do not require animation will be edited together in a separate file to save the workload.  The 3D shots will begin compositing at this time, and will need peer-reviewing prior to animating and then rendering. 

April 2023

Once all the 3D rendering is complete, I will aim to start encorporating the models into the shots with the right perspectives.  I will need to have the shots alongside me in order to align them and blend them sufficiently.  

May 2023

During this period, I will aim to have the film reach the final stages of editing with colour correction, and the final rendering.  This period could last until the next month.

June 2023

Submit first draft of video for peer review and second opinions.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final blog of degree 26/7/23

 Final blog of degree                                                                                                                       ...